WHEREAS, the Commission, in compliance with the mandate of Sec. 26, of Republic Act No. 7166, shall determine, after notice and hearing, the six (6) accredited major political parties entitled to appoint one of the recognized principal watchers in the National and Local Elections for May 14, 2001;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Commission, by virtue of the powers vested in it by the Constitution, Republic Act No. 7166 and other election laws, resolved, as it hereby resolves, as follows:chanroblesvirtuallawlibrary
Section 1. The Commission requires political parties to file a petition for accreditation with the Commission to determine the six (6) major political parties entitled to appoint one (1) of the six (6) principal watchers in the May 14, 2001 National and Local elections. They shall allege in their petition such facts that will entitle them to accreditation.
Sec. 2. The accreditation of the six (6) major political parties shall be determined by the Commission on the basis of the following criteria:chanroblesvirtuallawlibrary
"(b) The number of incumbent elective officials belonging to them;
"(c) Their identifiable political organizations and strengths as evidenced by their organized chapters;
"(d) The ability to fill a complete slate of candidates from the municipal level to the position of (President);
"(e) Other analogous circumstances that may determine their relative organizations and strengths."
For purposes of the foregoing, the political parties are required to submit their position paper after the hearing within a period of three (3) inextendible days and shall include pertinent data and statistics to support their arguments in the position paper in accordance with the established criteria laid down by the law.
Sec. 3. A filing fee of One Thousand (P1,000.00) Pesos and Twenty (P20.00) Pesos for legal research fee shall be paid at the Cash Division of this Commission.
Sec. 4. The petitions of herein political parties in the following order shall be heard at the Comelec Session Hall;
2. Aksyon Demokratiko (AKSYON)
4. Kabalikat Ng Malayang Filipino (KAMPI)
5. Kilusang Bagong Lipunan (KBL)
6. Kilusan Para Sa Pambansang Pagpapanibago (BAGO)
7. Laban Ng Demokratikong Pilipino (LDP)
8. Laban Ng Makabayang Masang Pilipino (LAMMP)
9. Laban Para Sa Kapayapaan, Katarungan at Kaunlaran (KKK)
10. Lakas NUCD-UMDP Party
11. Lapiang Manggagawa (LM) "Workers Party"
2001, at 9:00 o’clock in the morning:chanroblesvirtuallawlibrary
2. Nacionalista Party (NP)
3. Nationalist Peoples’ Coalition (NPC)
4. Partido Demokratiko Pilipino Lakas Ng Bayan (PDP LABAN)
5. Partido Demokratiko Sosyalista Ng Pilipinas (PDSP)
6. Partido Nacionalista Ng Pilipinas (PNP)
7. Partido Ng Masang Pilipino (PMP)
8. Partido Para Sa Demokratikong Reporma (PDR)
9. Partido Para Demokratikong Reporma-Lapiang Manggagawa (PDR-LM)
10. People’s Reform Party (PRP)
11. Rizalist Party
Sec. 5. The Executive Director and the Clerk of the Commission are hereby directed to implement with dispatch this resolution.
(Sgd.) HARRIET O. DEMETRIOU, Chairman
(Sgd.) JULIO F. DESAMITO, Commissioner
(Sgd.) TERESITA DY-LIACCO FLORES, Commissioner
(Sgd.) LUZVIMINDA G. TANCANGCO, Commissioner
(On Official Business) RALPH C. LANTION, Commissioner
(On Official Business) RUFINO S.B. JAVIER, Commissioner
(Sgd.) MEHOL K. SADAIN, Commissioner
Promulgated: 07 December 2000.