A collection of Philippine laws, statutes and codes not included or cited in the main indices of the Chan Robles Virtual Law Library.
OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE "PARTIDO DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION ACT OF 1994".
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 8989
AN ACT STREAMLINING THE ORGANIZATION OF THE PARTIDO DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7820, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE "PARTIDO DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION ACT OF 1994."
Section 1. Section 7 of Republic Act No. 7820 is hereby amended to read as follows:
(2) One (1) private sector representative from each of the member-municipalities selected from among duly organized nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and sectoral associations, such as, but not limited to farmers, fishermen, businessmen, youth, women, etc., whose terms of office shall be two (2) years; and
member of the House of Representatives representing the third
district of the Province of Camarines Sur, and the Administrator as ex
each year a budget to cover the operations of the Administration based
capital and additional paid-up subscriptions.
(4) Approve appointment of all heads of departments and divisions of the Administration, upon the recommendation of the Administrator subject to existing Civil Service Law, rules and regulations; and
(5) Perform such other functions as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this Act or as may be provided in other sections of this Act."
for approval by the Board:
(2) The rules and regulations needed to carry out the provisions of this Act and the amendments thereto;
(3) Other matters which he deems necessary or proper for the effective implementation of this Act; and
report on the activities and finances of the Administration, copies of
which upon approval by the Board, shall be furnished the office of the
Director-General of the National Economic and Development Authority
and the NEDA Regional Director of Regional Office No. V, and such other
agencies as the Board may deem necessary.chan
robles virtual law library
shall have the following powers, duties and responsibilities:
(b) To prepare the budget of the Administration for approval by the Board;
(c) To execute and administer policies and measures approved by the Board;
(d) To direct and supervise the operations and internal administration of the Administration. He may delegate certain administrative responsibilities to other officers of the Administration subject to the rules and regulations of the Board;
(e) To appoint all employees of the Administration except the heads of departments and divisions whose appointment shall be made by the Board upon his recommendation; and to remove, dismiss or otherwise discipline for cause, such employees in accordance with Civil Service Law, rules and regulations;
(f) To represent the Administration in all its dealings with other officers, agencies, and instrumentalities of the government and with other persons and entities, public or private;
(g) Subject to the approval of the Board, to determine the rates of compensation, allowances, honoraria and such other additional compensation which the Administration is hereby authorized to grant its officers, technical staff and consultants including the necessary detailed personnel; and
(h) To exercise such other powers as may be granted to him by the Board.
shall have the following qualifications:
(2) He must have had at least three (3) years management experience involving not less than fifty (50) subordinates;chan robles virtual law library
(3) He must have had at least (3) years experience in development planning; and
(4) He must not have been convicted of any crime in any court of law.
Sec. 5. Separability Clause. - Should any provision of this Act be declared invalid or unconstitutional, any provision not affected thereby shall remain in full force and effect.
Sec. 6. Repealing Clause. - All other laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations, and other issuances or parts thereof inconsistent with this Act are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.chan robles virtual law library
Sec. 7. Effectivity Clause. - This Act shall take effect upon the completion of its publication in the Official Gazette or in at least two (2) newspapers of general circulation in the Bicol Region and the entire country.
Approved: December 31, 2000